Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I Hate Poetry


I am going to preface this blog by saying that I really don’t like poetry and I’m only doing this because I have to.  Please don’t judge me too harshly! 

 

I Hate Poetry

I hate poetry

With the fiery blaze of one million suns

I hate poetry

          Alliteration, couplet, metaphors make me sicker than drinking Ipecac

I hate poetry

          I would rather shove needles under my fingernails

I hate poetry

          It is the WORST form of writing that was ever created

I hate poetry

          And I’m never going to write another poem again!

 

Again, please don’t judge my writing on this blog!

         

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Stacey,
    I can agree with you, I hate poetry as well. Even though you might not have liked your poem I did! It was funny, and got the point across. By repeating the line, I hate poetry, really showed you really must hate it. The line ' I would rather shove needles under my fingernails' made me laugh, as well as made me picture this actually happening. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete