Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Peer Revisions


So I wrote a rough draft, and I have to say that I didn’t hate it.  Let me rephrase that, I wrote a rough draft and I actually enjoyed having it reviewed by a peer.  I didn’t really change my writing process at all.  I really wasn’t into the topic, so I waited until the day before it was to be reviewed to do it, I sat in front of the TV for background noise, and I typed and revised as I went.  That’s just the way I work, and you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

What I really enjoyed was having a peer review my work.  Other than the usual grammatical and spelling errors, it was interesting to hear what someone other than my teacher thought of my writing.  I liked that she had different ideas and thought about things differently, but was not necessarily on the same page about what needed to be changed or fixed.

I have to admit that some of the things I was forced to change because of the peer review I wasn’t happy about.  It was just an informational essay, so I felt that not a ton of it needed to be changed.  I was informing my audience about realistic fiction.  I also like the way I write, so it’s hard to admit to certain flaws.  But, as a whole I think it was a really good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment