Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Typical Writing Process

  
  
The writing assignment for the informational and narrative essays has forced me out of my writing box.  Up until this assignment, my writing process has always been the same.  I get topic assigned, wait until the day before (or that day sometimes), sit in front of the TV with my laptop, and type. 

Typically, I only write because I have a paper due and it's about a subject I could not care less about.  Because I couldn't care less about it, I procrastinate until it's due because I have no interest in writing about it.  Hello, my name is Stacey and I'm a procrastinator.  I also prefer writing in front of the TV because I need background noise.  I can't listen to music because I end up singing along and can't focus.   

I revise my paper while I type.  I'm not the kind of person who can sit down with a graphic organizer and plan a paper.  I type and feel a flow with my writing.  Once the flow stops, I stop and reread what I have written.  I like to type until I can't anymore because I can replace words, or move sentences around.  That's another reason why I prefer to type instead of write a rough draft; writing takes too long and ends up looking messy (it must be my OCD).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment