Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Favorite Moment in History


Asking me what my favorite moment in history was is kind of a weird question.  One of my favorite topics to learn about in history was the Civil War.  I liked learning about the different wars that made up the Civil War, and I appreciate the outcome of the entire thing.  One of my favorite eras in history is the roaring 20’s.  I love the clothes, and the music, and the frivolity of like as depicted in The Great Gatsby. 

Both of those are very interesting, but I prefer talking about myself though. So, for this blog I’m going to write about my favorite moment in my history.  That moment lasted 4 years, but when I look back now it seems to be a blink of an eye.  That moment is my time in high school.

I was not an awkward kid growing up.  I played 2 sports, and had a lot of friends.  I had friends from every group; the jocks, the drama geeks, the science geeks, and a bunch of upper classmen too.  The people I ran with were all good kids.  I was actually more afraid to get into trouble.  I was so afraid to get in trouble that my friends now tell me that I was a Goodie-Two-Shoes (As Adam Ant sang, “Don’t drink, don’t smoke, what do you do?”).  I got good grades without really trying and my parents gave me just enough freedom to do what I wanted within reason.  I had my first steady boyfriend in high school, so I knew that I always had a date for any dance.    

Looking back, I think it was my favorite moment in history because I didn’t have a care in the world.  I understood that I wasn’t a grown up yet, but I was responsible.  I wanted to grow up and move out, and I’m happy that I did now, but I wish I had to careless life of a high school kid again.  I really do understand the statement, “If I knew then what I know now…”  It had been said to me so many times growing up, but it took becoming an actual adult to understand what it truly means.    

No comments:

Post a Comment