Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Maze Runner--I can't wait to read the next one!

So I finished The Maze Runner and I LOVED IT!  I actually finished it before the rest of my group and it is killing me to not tell them what happens.  I know I can't ruin it for them, but I want someone to talk to about it!  I've never been in a book club before so this experience has been interesting for me.  I liked being able to discuss a book with people who have read it.  It was a little frustrating when someone in my group would ask a question that I knew the answer to because I finished to book, but couldn't tell them because I didn't want to ruin it for them.  I just kept telling them that I couldn't wait until they finished it!  I did like that during our discussions we would talk about certain events that happened and some of us would have different takes on what or why something happened.  When Alby began to choke himself when he was going to tell Thomas about The Flare some of us weren't sure why he would do that, and some thought The Creators were controlling him.  It was interesting to get that perspective from others reading the same book.  
 
At the end of each chapter there was one sentence that constantly kept me asking questions and wanting to know more.  The end of the book was exactly the same.  I felt that the epilogue was the part that really has me reeling.  I can't believe that this group of kids survived the Maze, are going to be given one night's rest, and have to begin the next journey in the experiment that WICKED is using them for.  I cannot wait to read The Scorch Trials to find out what happens next!     

No comments:

Post a Comment