Friday, October 24, 2014

A Blog About Blogs


I haven’t done a free write in about 16 years, so here goes nothing!  I’ve never done a blog before and I’m surprised to say that I actually like it.  I think it’s fun to be able to write a piece that is more relaxed than the formal papers I have to write for most of my classes.  Writing these blogs is a nice break from the stuffy writing I have to do, yet I know that I will still get a grade on this. 

This free write is kind of difficult, but the writing prompts that we have been assigned have been really interesting.  Some of them have been topics I’ve never even thought about.  I never thought about leveling books and how I feel about it.  I have seen many classrooms and even pictured my own in my head, but to have to write paragraphs about how my vision was tricky.  It made me think about how I wanted to word what I see in my mind.  Writing the reflection on our memories of language arts was a really fun blog for me to write.  I liked that I got to think back to what made me the reader and writer that I am today.  Plus, as you can see in this blog, I have no problem talking about myself.

Not knowing who my audience is exactly is really something I like about writing blogs.  I find myself writing as if I’m talking to myself, not necessarily for others to read.  It’s more like my blog is my personal journal.  I’ve always wanted to keep a journal.  I typically will start one and then crap out on it in a couple days.  Having to write a blog for a class, forces me to keep up with my writing.  Obviously, I wouldn’t choose some of these topics to write about, but I like that I can keep my blog as a journal of my education.

When we were assigned to write a blog, I have to admit that I rolled my eyes.  I thought it was going to be such a pain having to write a post twice a week on topics I really didn’t care about.  But, having written it for about a month now, this blog is one of my favorite assignments.         

No comments:

Post a Comment